12 October, 2016
Peanut butter and jelly cookies
How bout a little dessert to keep the tummy happy!
I mistakenly bought a second bottle of Strawberry jelly. We only use it for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches while camping and hiking, so i knew there wasn’t much use for that many bottles of jelly. In the honor of waste not want not, here is a nice use for left over jelly!
Off to the internet and my giant book of cookie recipes.
Woot – found something interesting to give a try and it turned out not too bad! My co-workers enjoyed them and they traveled in my suitcase very well!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Thumbprints
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Strawberry jelly
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Add peanut butter and butter. Mix until crumbly
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Pace 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press thumb into center of each ball.
- Place1/2 teaspoon in each thumbprint.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets