1 November, 2016
Flax seed crackers
I read the wheat belly books and really got intrigued by what you could use instead of the normal flours to keep your glyciemic index from spiking! I have made multiple different version of these crackers and i like them all very much! Change out the seed options and the spice options! So many ways to go with this recipe!
- 2 cup ground golden flaxseeds
- 3 tbsp whole flaxseeds or sesamee seed
- ½ cup parmesean cheese
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt or spices for topping crackers
- Heat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine ground flax seeds, whole flax seeds or sesame seeds, parmesan cheese, onion powder, and ½ tsp sea salt
- In a med bowl whisk egg, oil and water. Pour into flaxseed mixture and mix thoroughly
- Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment.
- Spoon half the mixture onto each. Shape into loose ball. Cover with another piece of parchment and roll out to ⅛ thickness
- Remove top layer. Sprinkle with sea salt or spices. Bake for 25 min. Or until center is firm.
- Cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Break by hand or cut with anpizza cutter.
- Seed Options - used 2 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp chia
- TJ carnberry crips - 1/2 cup diced dried cranberries, blood orange eve, 2 t/l chia seeds
This is such a fun recipe to make your own!! Change the seeds, update the spices, change the EVOO. So much fun and so many options!