5 November, 2017
I mistakenly bought a package of halibut and thought i could do the normal things i do with tilapia with this fish…. Sad first attempt at halibut… I tried to use our normal cajun rub. Ick.
Next up – research for the best way to cook halibut.
Hello heavenly halibut.
I tasked hubby with getting all the ingredients together, and we gave it a try. Absolutely fabulous! I did use some extra cheese, but i think even without the extra it would be tasty!
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds skinless halibut fillets
- Preheat the oven broiler. Grease a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
- Arrange the halibut fillets in the prepared baking dish.
- Broil halibut fillets 8 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
- I cut the recipe in half and we split a large piece of fish.
- Also used our home made mayo. (less chemicals)
- Similar to parmesan encrusted pork recipe
Wonderful when served with toasted jalapeno beer bread!