24 April, 2018
Rosemary Roasted Walnuts
It was a nutty kind of day!
I was running out of nuts to bring as snacks for lunch and wanted a little more than just my normal salted almonds. So i did a little research, found this gem and updated it a little to match the wilker spice level.
- 1 1/2 tbl evoo (1 tbl evoo, 1/2 tbl cayene)
- 1 tbl dried rosemary (chopped)
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/8 tsp cayenne
- 2 1/4 cups walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the olive oil, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, and cayenne in a small mixing bowl. Whisk to combine well.
- Place the walnuts in a large mixing bowl, and pour the olive oil and spice mixture over the walnuts. Toss together until the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the walnuts out on a baking sheet in a single layer, and bake for 10 minutes. Cool the nuts completely on the baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container.
- mix up the oil for different flavors