I planned a book club, and i wanted to have some “comfort” food, and knew this was the recipe to give a go!
So easy, so much yummy, such a great option to take to a party!
Caramel Apple Dump Cake
Cuisine American Category Dessert
Fantastic option for a potluck, last minute desert – you can keep everything on the shelf for just in case!
- 2 cans of apple pie filling (you can also use cherry, blueberry, etc.)
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- 2 sticks of butter, melted (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce (like you would put on ice cream)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whipped cream for garnish (optional)
- In a greased 9×13 dish, mix apple pie filling and caramel sauce.
- You may add in the 1/2 tsp cinnamon if desired.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- Pour dry cake mix directly on top of the pie filing and spread evenly.
- Top with melted butter
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and apple filling is bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.