17 October, 2016
Toilet Clog Clearer – DIY
So, not really many pictures for this one… cause… well, just cause…
But, we were at the in-laws in May and the guest bath has a slow toilet anyway, and then this trip… it stopped working… Yikes!
It was early on a sunday and there weren’t alot of options so i challenged the men to try the DIY way. They had nothing to lose, so we did. And it worked! It’s not a super fast solution, but it works!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 gallon hot water
- 2 cups vinegar
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to toilet. Let it sink to the bottom.
- If the toilet doesn’t have much water, add 1 gallon of boiling water. (optional)
- Add 2 cups of vinegar slowly
- Let it sit for a couple of hours and see if the water has drained. If it has not, let it sit overnight and then plunge, if needed, before flushing.
- Stand away from the toilet when pouring...
- 1:1 baking soda/vinegar
- then hot water
- Dawn (the wonder cleaner)
- Hot water
Final verdict, it worked, and there was no toxic fumes, from the cleaning products anyway…