20 May, 2017
Lemon Crinkle Cookies
So found this recipe from a wonderfully amazingly talented food blogger that i have followed for years! I upped the lemon, by alot – the zest and the juice, so mine are less able to be rolled by hand and more drop onto sheet by the spoonful.
These are great to use with regular lemons or most recently i had a bag of myers lemons from costco.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1½ cups flour
- Heat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with silpat. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Pour into the rest of the batter and stir until just combined.
- Scoop cookie dough onto baking sheets in about 2 tsp rounds, leaving about 1 inch in-between cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool 3 minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- The more lemon, the yummier!