5 September, 2017
Flourless Chocolate Chip Cookies
In our endeavour to rid the house of white and wheat flour and diminish our pantry – we decided to try out this Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe.
It was fun to use powdered sugar in something other than frosting or a fruit dip!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper (or silpat mats). If you use parchment paper, give it a light swoosh of nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt. Whisk in egg whites (start w/ just two) and vanilla extract and beat just until the batter is moistened. You're looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white-- then a 4th one if it still seems too thick. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter onto the prepared baking sheets in 12 evenly spaced mounds per cookie sheet. I like to use a spring-release cookie scoop. Bake about 14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked. Slide the parchment paper (with the cookies) onto wire racks. Let cookies cool completely, and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To be truly wheat free - watch your chocolate chips - should probably use all bitter sweet.
- Let the cookies cool completely before you attempt to remove them from the mat or the parchment
These were some tasty shenizzle! Friends, hubby and strangers truly lovely these little gems! They are in the rotation now!
If you try this recipe, let me know how it went and leave a comment.