15 July, 2018
Ajlouk Qura’a (Mashed-Zucchini Salad)
Found this recipe ages ago and I just love it! Now that we have our own garden and the zucchini plant has been the one prolific plant of the bunch, i get to eat this yummy whenever i want. I updated a recipe i had found with different spices and liked what i ended up with!
The recipe is pretty quick and a great healthy use for your extra zucchini – next up – cobbler!
- 1 1/4 pounds zucchini, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or peperchini juice)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Place zucchini in a large saucepan; cover with water to 1 inch above zucchini.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 20 minutes or until zucchini is very tender. Drain.
- While zucchini is still in colander, coarsely mash zucchini with a fork; drain.
- Combine juice and next 6 ingredients (juice through garlic) in a bowl; stir with a whisk. Add zucchini; toss well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.