4 July, 2018
Apple and Cheddar Puppy Cakes
The boys turn 8 this year! So it’s time for puppy cakes!
I reviewed the previous year’s cakes and decided to try a new recipe!
I love that this recipe can be done without the kitchen aid or the food processor and it comes together quickly and easily!
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey - or agave syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350º F
- Spray 1 mini muffin pan with cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix the applesauce, oil, honey, eggs, and cheese together.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, oats, and baking powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin tins, filling the cups about halfway.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool, then let your pup enjoy!
- It took about 6 more mini muffin holes from a second tray, could also make the ones in the first pan bigger.
- I store these in the fridge and give them each one a day to make their birthday last longer!