I found this little easy, fabulous, praise worthy recipe while flipping through my neighbor’s bon apetit!
I thought it looked interesting and really who doesn’t like a little garlic with their parm and evoo?
This thing is fantastic! The garlic gives you a bite, the soft texture of the chick peas, the fresh basil!
I have been known to just whip up the “dressing” for anything else – like tonight i had left over roasted red peppers, artichokes and cherry tomatoes – and oh yes!
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas
- Make the liquid part of the marinade , and store in a medium side bowl.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (cajun)
- 2 small garlic clove, pressed
- If you are more than a day or 2, make the marinade closer to the day of use. Or use less garlic, it can get potent!
- Combine the dressing and the chickpeas. Add the fresh herbs and parmesan cheese!