6 July, 2018
Lemony Cucumber And Herb Pasta Salad
Saw this recipe in a Real Simple and knew it just had to be made!
As luck would have it there was a pot luck and the needed another pasta salad – squee!
Quick to make, so pretty, so refreshing!
- 1 pound short pasta (such as radiators, orecchiette, gemelli)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for cooking pasta
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest plus 4 tablespoons fresh juice (from 2 lemons)
- 2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 english cucumber, sliced and halved
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- ½ cup packed fresh mint leaves, cut into strips
- Halved cherry tomatoes - optional
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions for al dente. Drain and spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil and set aside.
- Whisk mustard, lemon zest and juice, garlic, salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons oil. Add cucumbers and feta and toss to coat. Add tomatoes if using.
- Add pasta to cucumber mixture and toss to combine. Pasta salad can be made up to this point up to 2 days in advance. Just before serving, add cilantro and mint, toss and serve.
- Try not using the oil after the pasta is cooked. Perhaps 2 lemons worth of zest.