7 April, 2017
I got a bug in my ear to make some buffalo cauliflower…
I looked up some recipes and ended up combining 2, and going with almond flour and almond milk to keep it wheat free!
This recipe ended up being higher calorie for a vegetable dish than i had hoped, but it’s better for you than real wings – so i guess you take you savings where you can…
- 1 head of cauliflower (approx. 4 cups of florets)
- ½ cup milk (for vegan: use water or almond or soy milk)
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free rice flour)
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp of paprika
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup frank's red hot sauce
- Line baking sheet(s) with foil, place cookie rack on top and spray with cooking spray. Preheat your oven to 425-450 F depending on your oven.
- Defrost cauliflower, drain in a sieve
- Mix the milk/water/flour and spices in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mix until the batter is thick
- Add cauliflower to the batter.
- Lay the cauliflower single layer on the cookie rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown, flipping the florets over half way through to get all sides golden brown and crispy.
- Once the cauliflower is done it. remove them from the oven and put all the baked florets into a mixing bowl with the wing sauce and toss to coat evenly.
- Respray cookie rack
- Return cauliflower to baking sheet and bake in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.
- If you want them crispier - turn on the broiler for the last few minutes.