Jump to recipe
We love us some beer can chicken. I saw this recipe at Betty Crocker and was so excited to give it a try, I got a chicken in the brine right away!
A fun and quick recipe! Love the simplicity, and such a great way to extend left over chicken!
Green Chile Chicken Tamale Bake
1 hour, 10 minutes
- 1 1 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (5 oz)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg plus 1 egg white, beaten (about 1/4 cup eggs)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.75 oz) cream-style corn
- 1 box (8.5 oz) corn muffin mix
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild green chile enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded or chopped deli rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Generously spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese, the milk, eggs, cumin, red pepper flakes, cream-style corn, cornbread mix and chopped green chiles until just combined. Spread evenly in baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until corn mixture is just set and edges are lightly golden brown.
- Use fork to poke holes in top of corn mixture. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over top.
- Toss chicken with taco seasoning mix, then sprinkle over the top. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top of chicken.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Delicious and a great use of left over chicken