Always nice to get to use your tools in the kitchen!
This is a great and quick recipe, super tasty!
This is a great recipe, easy and fun!
Great with chapati or as we call it – indian tacos
- 1.5 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp Ghee or peanut oil
- 3-4 cinnamon sticks
- 4 pods green or white cardamom
- 1 cup chopped onion – macerated
- 1 tbsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small bowl, measure out the peas and set aside to thaw.
- Preheat the Instant Pot by selecting Sauté and adjusting to More for high heat.
- When the inner cooking pot is hot, add the ghee or peanut oil and heat until it’s shimmering.
- Add the cinnamon sticks and cardamom and let them sizzle for 10 seconds.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, until the onion has softened.
- Add the ground beef and sauté long enough to break up the clumps, 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garam masala, salt, turmeric, cayenne, coriander, cumin and water.
- Lock the lid into place.
- Select Manual and adjust the pressure to High. Cook for 5 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Mix in the peas, let them heat through, and serve.
Verdict: quick, easy and wonderful recipe