Jump to recipe
This was an old standard with in the lazy bear household!
But this day i wanted shrimp, but i also had a red pepper that needed to be used, and I had just shredded 5 pounds of carrots… So, it was a day for experimentation!
Hot and Tangy Garlic Shrimp
10 shrimp, red pepper and sauce
Great and easy meal.
Still work well in the wok
I like red peppers better than green!
- 20 raw shrimp (squished and deveined)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided use
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or water
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons Heinz Distilled White Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided use
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce
- Coat shrimp with mixture of 1 tablespoon cornstarch, sherry and garlic. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine chicken broth, vinegar, and crushed red pepper with remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch; set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and stir-fry 3 minutes; remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining oil in some pan over high heat. Add vegetables; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Return shrimp to pan with broth mixture. Cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- Remove from heat; stir in lite soy sauce. Serve immediately over pasta or rice.
Delicious and quick, nice option chicken or shrimp and another kitchen tool!