Jump to recipe
Really it’s more a fancier shrimp and grits, but so delightful! I make this every few months and always forget to take a picture! I tend to like this as a comfort food on a weekend vs a weeknight type of thing.
It’s ooey and gooey and just so nice. The original recipe can be. found here. I changed it up a bit, as I like to have the oil and spices on the shrimp and truly hate thyme. I have removed it from my spice cabinet. I assume it is like cilantro to some, thyme is my cilantro! I halved the recipe to just have enough for 2 with a little left over.
Spiced Garlic Lemon Butter Shrimp with Parmesan Corn Polenta.
10 shrimp and a 3/4 cup polenta
1 hour, 15 minutes
Parmesan Corn Polenta
- 1/2-1 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 rounded cup corn
- 1 cups milk
- 1/2 cup dry polenta
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoons salted butter
- 20 raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2-1 tablespoon creole or cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2-3 cloves garlic chopped
To make the polenta
- In a medium pot, melt together the butter and corn.
- Cook 5-8 minutes, until the butter browns around the corn.
- Add 2 (1 if halved) cups water and the milk.
- Bring to a low boil, then whisk in the polenta, stirring until the polenta is soft and thick, about 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Turn the heat off, cover the pot, and let the polenta sit 5 minutes.
To make the shrimp.
- Toss the shrimp with the evoo, seasoning and garlic
- Heat the skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the butter,
- Add the shrimp
- Cook on both sides until seared, about 2-3 minutes per side.
This is so delightful, all the melted butter – make sure to pour it over the shrimp when you pull it from the pan! It’s pretty easy and in multiple parts to not get too stressed out when all the things need to be completed. There is not a ton of spice in this dish, so modify it to your liking. Lately I have been using my chipotle seasoning mixture!
If you try it, let me know what you think!