Jump to recipe
I’ve had this recipe hanging around for a little while. It was a hot day so I decided to not heat up the kitchen and try it out!
General Tso’s Chicken – Crockpot
1/2 chicken breast with sauce
3 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into one inch cubes
- 2 tbl cornstarch
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 T soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 tsp dry ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Put chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and crushed red pepper. Pour on top of chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low heat for 3-4 hours or until chicken is cooked throughout.
- Remove the chicken and add 1 Tablespoon cornstarch to the sauce. Add the chicken back to the crockpot and cook for an additional 15 minutes until the sauce thickens up.
Verdict: This was a nice flavor and a good amount of dinner.
The crockpot is a great way to make this meal.