This wonder was been in the recipe banks for years. Since at least 2008! It’s from a cooking light around that time or probably before. I updated the recipe with extra apple diced very small.
Apple-Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Such a wonderful, cinnamony, apple dessert! I eat too much so I have to give most of it away!
1/8 of pan
1 hour, 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (about 6 3/4 ounces)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 cup diced peeled Granny Smith apple (about 2 apples)
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon 1 1/2 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Make a well in center of mixture.
- Combine milk, melted butter, vanilla, and egg, stirring with a whisk;
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Fold in apple.
- Pour batter into an 8-inch square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon;
- Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack before serving.
- Serve warm.
This has been in the rotation for over 10 years! I love it.
It doesn’t have any chocolate, but still a delicious dessert, breakfast, snack, any reason…