Jump to recipe
What happens when you make potato salad, realized you don’t have mayonaise, then make mayonnaise and then have a random egg white just sitting there looking at you!
I am a big proponent of not wasting food, so i try to use all that I can and this was the outcome of trying to accomplish that. I do tend to ponder, am I using more by trying to use something that could be just thrown away?? But this was a fun experiment and it was just the right amount of cookies!
Note: this makes about 2 dozen cookies, which if you have any self control issues is great, but I definitely got a look from the hubby that “this was it”!
Another Betty Crocker win!
Double chocolate chip cookies
1 cookie (if you can)
Quick option to have cookies in hand!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, or mix with spoon.
- Beat in vanilla and egg white.
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheet (silpat), drop dough by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 9 minutes or until set (do not overbake).
- Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Keep this in your pocket for when you suddenly have an egg white just sitting there!
Very tasty and light!
If you try it, let me know what you think!