My new most favorite way to make hot sauce!
I was looking for other ways to use up some of the large bounty of jalapenos that hubby’s garden produced. I had lots of hot sauce recipes, but this one crossed by and I just had to try it. We had a friend that made some amazing smokey hot sauce years ago, but they could not get their husband to remake it, so i was hoping this would be close and it was! Woohoo!
Smokey Hot Sauce
I have a friend that smokes my salt, but you can get multiple flavors at your local spice company.
- 1 lb jalapeños with 1 poblano in the weight
- 1/4 cup Shredded Carrot,
- 6 Cloves of Garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, chopped (I use the jarred ones)
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Sea Salt
- 2 Chipotle Chiles in Adobo
- Cut the tops off of the peppers and discard. Chop the peppers in thirds. Add to the stainless steel inner liner of the Instant Pot.
- Add in the remaining ingredients.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position.
- Pressure cook (High Pressure) 2 minutes.
- When cooking cycle ends, LET IT FULLY NATURALLY RELEASE PRESSURE. (Do not do a Quick Release or manually release the pressure. You don’t want to inhale those pepper fumes!)
- After all of the pressure is out of the pot, open the lid carefully, facing it away from your face. Don’t breathe in the fumes!
- Let the mixture cool, then transfer it to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain into a large container
This is an amazing hot sauce! The additional adobo pepper and smoked salt add that additional woot woot!
I’ve started reducing the spice in recipes just so i can use more hot sauce
Original recipe had fresno’s and other ideas for add ins! It makes a ton, so order some bottles to have on hand!