This is such a wonderful way to enjoy chicken! The flavors, mmmm! I use just one pounded breast to feed 2 of us, expand the recipe to feed your group. I cook this in a cast iron skillet, but it could also be cooked on the grill or in the oven!
1/2 peice of chicken
- 1 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons pepperoncini juice
- 2 tablespoon Aquafaba
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoons salt (fine salt, not flaked)
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- Add the chicken shawarma marinade ingredients to a large ziplock bag along with the chicken.
- Marinate chicken for 1 – 8 hours, or overnight.
- To Cook Chicken Shawarma
- Remove the chicken from the fridge about 20 minutes before cooking and allow to come to room temperature.
- Heat cast iron pan
- Cook the chicken thighs for about 4-6 minutes per side, and until fully cooked at the thickest part of each chicken.
- Using a thermometer check that the thickest part of each chicken thigh has an internal temperature of 165F
Such a delightful way to eat chicken. Easy to make and easy to eat!