When your garden only gives your green tomatoes… And this year you decided to also grow a tomatillo plant, if only an avocado tree would grow in Colorado.
Found this recipe and it is beyond addictive and so delightfully delicious.
Cuisine Mexican Category Appetizers Sauces/Dips/Dipping Sauces Snacks Veggies
- 3-6 green tomatoes, chopped
- 4 fresh tomatillos – husked, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion – chopped
- 1 avocados – peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cups sour cream
- Chop vegetables small. Place in a medium pot.
- Stir tomatoes, tomatillos, jalapeno pepper, and garlic together in a saucepan;
- Simmer for 15-20 min to get liquid out.
- Increase heat and stir occasionally till all vegetables are soft – 10 to 15 minutes. Remove saucepan from heat and let tomato mixture cool slightly.
- Pour cooled tomato mixture into a blender pitcher; add avocado slices, and salt. Blend the mixture until smooth;
- Add sour cream – blend until combined.
This is the most amazing dip/salsa/sauce ever! It’s a dangerous rabbit hole and you pick green tomatoes just to make it!
If you try this let me know what you think!