You can buy the little packets at the grocery store, or the big container at costco! if you don’t have some on hand and just need to enjoy taco tuesday, or if your spice drawer is a little too full – just make your own.
Cuisine Mexican Category Pre-prep Sauces/Dips/Dipping Sauces
Wonderful to make a spice mixture and know exactly what is in it!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (optional)
- Combine all ingredients into a 1/2 pint storage container.
- Use 1-2 tbl spice mixture with 1/4 cup water with 1/2-1 pound of meat.
- Optional: add additional hot peppers to the meat or jalapenos
We love this option of making our own taco seasoning! WE can make it spicier by switching out hot paprika, or adding other hot peppers!