Jump to recipe
Always fun to eat nuts with flavor! This was a quick and interesting recipe, but watch it – they burn quick!
There was a fun recipe and thanks to a neat pamphlet from california walnuts! Always neat to look into what growers think about their own product! Yeah for snacks!
Toasted Spiced Walnuts
1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add walnuts and stir well.
- Sprinkle curry, chili powder, cumin and chili flakes over walnuts and stir until walnuts are well coated.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until toasted.
- Season with salt and pepper and let cool.
This has some nice flavor, and it’s quick to create. Reminder – these burn fast, fast…
If you give these a try, let me know what you think and if you change any of the spices.