23 December, 2016
Koren chicken – this is a totally versatile recipe!
You can blend nationalities and go with tortillas and have korean tacos.
Stick with lettuce leaves and go with lettuce wraps
Go paleo and make caulifower tortillas
Or go meat and veggies and put it on a bed of spinach leaves!
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon gochujang sauce (such as Annie Chun's)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast, thinly
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. Combine first 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Place 1/2 soy sauce mixture in a small bowl; set aside. Add chicken slices to remaining soy sauce mixture in bag; seal. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- 2 . Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Sprinkle sesame seeds over chicken. Place 3 tablespoons rice in each lettuce leaf; top each lettuce leaf with 1/3 cup chicken mixture, 2 cucumber slices, and about 1 1/2 teaspoons green onions. Serve with reserved 2 tablespoons soy sauce mixture.
- The recipe is updated to double the sauce for dipping fun
- Make the sauce
- Cut the chicken
Place the chicken in the marinade the day you will be cooking it.
Follow instructions for cooking the chicken.
- Over rice
- In a tortilla
- On a cauliflower tortilla
- Over a bed of spinach