9 August, 2018
Posted in : Appetizers
by : Nicole
Found this recipes ages ago when the hubby was trying to go slow carb. This is one of the replacements we have for white rice!
I started with a basic recipes from Joanne at Eats Well with Others and then some other recipes i found, which i can’t remember now…
Can freeze into smaller batches for use in the future!
This mixture can be frozen for future use.
Defrost at 30% - 1 minute at a time till able to make pancakes
- 3/4 cup dried small red lentils
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped spinach (about 5 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Sort and wash lentils; place in a bowl.
- Cover with water to 2 inches above lentils.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain well.
- Place lentils and 3 tablespoons water in a food processor; process until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Combine the spinach, and next 7 ingredients (spinach through garlic), stirring well.
- Add spinach mixture to food processor, process until desired consistency.
- Can be cooked on a griddle, pam sprayed cookie sheet on the grill, or in the oven.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Drop lentil mixture by cookie scoop into pan.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Remove from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining oil and lentil mixture.
Verdict: These are fun options to sop up the sauce that needs sopping!