15 February, 2021
Yogurt Sheet Pancakes
Posted in : Breakfast
by : Nicole
Saw this recipe posted by a friend. She made it for christmas morning in their house. I decided to try it with the option of chocolate chips!
As a bonus, it makes a ton, so we decided to toast them top them with ice cream for desserts later in the week! (totally unnecessary and delicious!)
Original recipe can be found here with berries!
Can also use a dessert! and oh my!
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a rimmed 18” x 13” sheet pan with cooking spray, this will keep the parchment in place.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom completely, about 16 x 20 inches.
- Place on the sheet pan and spray more oil on the parchment, and around the sides of the sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (from flour to salt).
- In another medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (from yogurt to vanilla) until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not over mix (or worry if there are some lumps).
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet. Spread the batter evenly with a spatula then tap the sheet pan on the counter a couple times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan then, place a large cutting board over the top of the pan and flip the pancakes onto cutting board.
- Cut into 8-16 squares and serve immediately.
Verdict: Wow! Amazing and so easy! Was a fun new years day treat!
Secondary Verdict: Toast it up in the toaster over, top with salted caramet ice cream drizzle some caramel and dine! Looks fancy, is yuumy!