14 March, 2017
Found this recipe recently and just had to make it happen! Oreos were immediately on the list and we were off to the races!
This is a wonderfully easy and fabulous recipe, and a winner when you have to feed guests!
- 1 package classic Oreos
- 1 (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz. (about 2 cups) dark or semisweet chocolate chips, melted (*see note below)
- Add the Oreos to a food processor, and pulse until evenly crumbled.
- Add the cream cheese and pulse until the mixture is smooth and well-blended, stopping to scrape down the sides of the food processor once or twice if needed.
- Use a 1/4-cup ice cream scoop to portion the dough into 1/4-cup balls. Then roll by hand into egg shapes. (Personally the eggs shape was not that exciting, i think the ball shape works just fine!)
- Place the eggs on parchement/silpat-lined baking sheets, and chill in the freezer until hardened.
- Once the eggs have chilled, microwave the chocolate until melted and smooth. (*If the chocolate is too thick, add in a few teaspoons or shortening or coconut oil to thin.)
- Dip the egg in the melted chocolate, and roll around until it is evenly coated.
- Allow the eggs to cool.
- Repeat with remaining eggs. Then transfer to the freezer once more to cool until the chocolate has hardened.
- Melt the almond bark in a separate bowl, then either drizzle on the eggs with a fork or use a piping bag to pipe the chocolate on in your desired design.
- Serve immediately or freeze in a sealed container.
- I did not like the texture of the refrigerator truffles, i like them frozen, then defrosted for 20-30 minutes prior to eating.