Jump to recipe
It was late, i needed to have a dessert for girls night the next night, what should i do… Came across a brownie recipe in my stash and decided to give it a try. Can you say thank you very much for my double oven purchase?
Definitely basic brownie – my options to improve it – stick with the 20 minutes, sprinkle with salt if desired.
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup baking cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- sea salt/ghost pepper salt etc for top
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a 2 – 8×8-in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Mix just until combined – Do NOT overmix.
- Add chocolate chips if desired.
- Spread into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips if desired.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center tests clean.
Verdict: definitely a basic brownie and it fulfills the need – definitely will make the updates next time.