Decided to give this a try, it was a fun and tasty – not amazing, but tasty!
Found this in a book from the library – The Instant Pot Electric Pressure Cooker Cookbook. It was a fun way to create a dessert and not use the oven.
Molten Brownie Pudding – Instant Pop
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted & divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Pour the 1 1/2 cups water into your Instant Pot. Place the steam rack inside.
- Spray a glass bowl or baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat together the sugar and eggs until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa and salt.
- Add this to the sugar and egg mixture and mix until just combined. Mix in the vanilla and the remaining 6 tablespoons of melted butter and mix until just combined.
- Pour mixture into the prepared dish and sprinkle with the chocolate chips. Place on the steam rack and secure the lid.
- Select Manual and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Once cooking time is complete, do a quick release. Carefully remove the lid so that any condensation doesn’t drip on the pudding. Carefully remove the baking dish using mitts or tongs.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.
If your dish doesn’t have handles, you can make a sling with a piece of foil, folded in half twice, that’s long enough to go under the dish and stick up 6 inches on each side, creating handles. My dish doesn’t have handles and I didn’t want to worry about making a foil sling, so I just carefully lifted it out with hot pads.