Jump to recipe
I realized i have putting up quite a bit of the dessert recipes lately! We do eat things besides sweets, promise!
Last night as we were determining what to do for dinner I decided to try this for lunches during the week.
I put the quinoa on to cook – my found secret is a tiny bit of coconut oil with the water. I read somewhere that if it sits overnight, this helps the starches move through you rather than stay in you. So why not!
I rinsed the chickpeas and go ready to go!
Lemon Dill Quinoa Chickpea Salad
I definitely changed this recipe up from the original: https://www.kitchentreaty.com/simple-lemon-dill-quinoa-chickpea-salad/
It was tasty and easy, and i’ll enjoy it for lunch this week with some salad fixings.
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed with cold water (about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans) (about 1 1/2 cups cooked)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill (1 generous handful) (2-3 tsp dry)
- 2 tbl extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons) – or pepperencini juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt + more to taste
- Rinse quinoa under cold water and drain.
- Place in a small pot on the stove and add 3/4 cup water. (add 1 tsp coconut oil to the water)
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook about 15 minutes, just until tender and translucent, with the white tail removed from the seed.
- Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the chickpeas and dill. Stir gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and 1/2 teaspoon salt until combined.
- Pour over the quinoa mixture. Stir to combine.
I never have lemons in the house, so i substitute with pepporincini juice. My fun ingredient swap! I also didn’t have any fresh dill – it’s not picking time – so i used 2 tsp of dry! I lowered the oil content and used garlic infused.
Not bad, not terrible, but i have other quinoa, chickpea salad i like better! Don’t think i didn’t lick the bowl tho…