Jump to recipe
Let me start by saying, I enjoy my cooking, but I also appreciate when I make something mediocre. This bad boy – IS THE BOMB! Yup – i’m just gonna put that out there. It’s amazing! Obviously I didn’t make it up, but i did update it – as is usual for me! I love this recipe! Maybe too much!
Found this recipe from TwoPeasAndTheirPod.com –
I added more lemon juice and skipped the glaze!
Crusty outside, soft moist inside.
I start checking for doneness at 50 minutes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- Zest of 2 large lemons
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup light olive oil (not extra-virgin)
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub together with your fingers until fragrant.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon sugar mixture, eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined, the batter will be thick. Stir in the zucchini and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the loaves on a cooling rack and cool for 15 minutes. Loosen the sides of the bread with a knife. Carefully remove the loaves from the pans. Let cool completely on rack.
The surprise for me, was that it makes 2 loaves. Cause you always need one to share, right? Or eat later? I keep saying i will freeze one, but i just bring them to work on consecutive days! Luckily/unluckily – hubby only like the chocolate chip one, so this one is just for me and my co-workers that think i walk on water when i bring this in!
- There is no such thing as too much lemon.
- For me, under-baking is always the better choice.
- Amazing and people that like lemon will love it!
- Original recipe has a glaze that i don’t think is needed, so I always skip it
If you try it, let me know what you think and a big thanks to TwoPeasAndTheirPod for this masterpiece!