Jump to recipe
I have had this recipe for years. Waiting for a reason to make fancy lettuce cups for a party. Finally i decided, forget that, let’s just make a salad and enjoy the flavors! Win!
Artichoke-And-Beef- no lettuce, wraps
This was originally meant for a fancy appetizer, but up the veggie count and you have a great light lunch
- 1 can (13 oz) artichoke hearts, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound deli roast beef, sliced into thin strips (use a pizza cutter)
- 1 can mushrooms, diced
- 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 english cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil
- 4 tablespoons pepperincini diced
- 1/2 lemon – squeezed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place artichokes, beef, mushrooms, chickpeas, Parmesan, basil, pepporincini, lemon juice and oil in a bowl; add salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Serving options:
- Bed of lettuce/spinach
- Wrap 1/4 cup of filling in each lettuce leaf and serve.
- This was a fun and light recipe. You can lighten it even mor by making it a topping for lettuce or spinach as a salad, or add more veggies.
- Don’t use feta, it doesn’t do the recipe justice!
I definitely changed up the ingredients based on what i like – so make it your own!