When you shred some gouda for one recipe and mis-judge how much cheese is when it shreds… you look up other things to do with it.
This was one of the options and since we have been loving the thing that is pimiento cheese with all the cheese, and stuff that one should not mix together and put in your body… Why not?
Smoked Gouda Pimiento Cheese
Category Appetizers Sauces/Dips/Dipping Sauces
1/4 cup dip
This is a nice twist on the pimento cheese genre, but seems a shame to combine really nice cheese with mayo… but, you decide.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 (7-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 (8-ounce) block extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 cups)
- 1/2 (8-ounce) block smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- Stir together the mayonnaise, pimientos, Worcestershire, garlic powder, and cayenne in a large bowl; add the cheeses, stirring until blended. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 week.