Jump to recipe
Was cruising through my email and noticed a recipe for chocolate chip cookies. I have a whole book of chocolate chip cookie recipes, but decided to give this one a go, as the hubby loves chocolate chip cookies and i’ve been cookies different kinds. He needed to get some baking love!
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
1 hour, 20 minutes
1 hour, 40 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F. In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon about 1 minute or until fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour mixture just until blended (dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips.
- Onto ungreased cookie sheets, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft). Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store covered in airtight container.
It’s a chocolate chip cookie! Very buttery, very crips even at 9 minutes.
Able to eat a bunch at a time… maybe not the best for the waist line – but yummy!
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!