The original recipe from Averie Cooks called for a frosting, but i decided to skip that part, they were definitely decadent again. I couldn’t wait for them to cool – not recommended, they are definitely more fudgy and just as delicious if you wait…
Makes a fantastic 8×8 pan, cuts easily and toss on some kosher salt as you pull it from the oven, for a little touch of umph.
Espresso Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso granules (or any coffee)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8-by-8-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl add the butter and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, espresso, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, chocolate chips, and stir until just combined, don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula as necessary.
- Bake for about 19 to 22 minutes (20-25 at altitude), or until top is set in center and done; don’t overbake.
- Blondies firm up as they cool. (yes they do and are amazing)
- A toothpick should come out clean, or with a few moist crumbs, but no batter. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely
Verdict: OMG… do it… let them cool… it will be ok, but seriously let them cool.
I thought this was a fantastic recipe, i let mine cook to a little more of a fudgie consistency and it was wonderful!
If you try it, let me know what you think! I you need frosting, check out the original recipe!