Jump to recipe
Saw this recipe and thought it would be a great addition to meatless monday!
This was a great recipe, easy and vegetarian!
Quinoa Casserole – Slow cooker
1 to 1 1/2 cups
3 hours, 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 1 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (10 oz) cans Old El Paso™ mild red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes (immersian blended)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 1/2 cup corn frozen kernels
- Juice of 1 small lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- Combine the quinoa, water, onion, garlic, red pepper, black beans, enchilada sauce, diced tomatoes, green chiles, corn, lime juice, cumin, chile powder in a slow cooker.
- Stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours, or until the liquid is absorbed and quinoa is cooked.
- Remove the lid and stir the casserole.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with:
Great taste, great flavor and with no meat! Try it, you’ll love it!
If you try it, let me know what you think.