November is our “furever home” anniversary of the boys. Always up for a reason to bake, i looked up a new recipe for them this year! I usually cut the recipe in half cause i make their pup-cakes smaller… I was not paying attention and made the whole recipe, so they will be enjoying their day for weeks!
I froze half of the output individually and then put them in a container!
Banana Puppy Cakes
Cuisine Dog Category Dog Stuff Dog Treats Waste Not Want Not
My full recipe made 2 full mini muffin pans plus 4 regular size muffins. Adjust per your size of dog!
1 mini muffin per day
This was an easy recipe. Definitely easier with my waste not want not option of freezing bananas in half sections when they are on sale! When they defrost super squishy!
The boys are enjoying these quite a bit!
I don\’t frost mine, but go ahead and try it if you want!
- 2 cups water
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 T honey
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 T plain yogurt
- 2 T honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin trays with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine water, bananas, vanilla, flour, baking powder, egg and honey. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon into cupcake tray.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- When cupcakes are cool, you can frost with cream cheese frosting if desired.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, yogurt and honey until smooth. Add enough flour to thicken until desired consistency.