Saw this recipe posted by a friend. She made it for christmas morning in their house. I decided to try it with the option of chocolate chips!
As a bonus, it makes a ton, so we decided to toast them top them with ice cream for desserts later in the week! (totally unnecessary and delicious!)
Yoghurt Sheet Pancakes
Original recipe can be found here with berries!
Can also use a dessert! and oh my!
- Cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose unbleached flour
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted then cooled slightly
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Move the oven rack to the middle position and preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a rimmed 18” x 13” sheet pan with cooking spray, this will keep the parchment in place.
- Cut a piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom completely, about 16 x 20 inches.
- Place on the sheet pan and spray more oil on the parchment, and around the sides of the sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (from flour to salt).
- In another medium bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (from yogurt to vanilla) until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and whisk until just combined. Do not over mix (or worry if there are some lumps).
- Gently fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet. Spread the batter evenly with a spatula then tap the sheet pan on the counter a couple times to settle the batter.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan then, place a large cutting board over the top of the pan and flip the pancakes onto cutting board.
- Cut into 8-16 squares and serve immediately.
Verdict: Wow! Amazing and so easy! Was a fun new years day treat!
Secondary Verdict: Toast it up in the toaster over, top with salted caramet ice cream drizzle some caramel and dine! Looks fancy, is yuumy!