This is a wonderful option for that left over beer can chicken you just made on the grill.
I tend to over season with the greek seasoning to just give it that extra… mmmmm
I found this wonderful option – thanks to Katlyn’s Kitchen, when I was checking out the south beach diet and it looked tasty and it was indeed delicious! I modified it a bit to make it just enough for 2, and used avocado mayo, and i just buy the bottle of sliced pepperoncini peppers to make it easier than dealing with the full peppers!
Low-carb Greek Pepperoncini Chicken Salad
Cuisine Greek Category Appetizers Chicken Great For 2 Waste Not Want Not
Such a wonderful flavor, can be fully low-carb or snack on this dish with wheat thins or in a pita
1 cup of chicken salad
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup sliced/chopped Greek Peperoncini
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 oz. Feta Cheese,
- fresh-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbl avocado mayo
- 2 tl Pepperoncini juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 tsp. Greek Seasoning (or slightly more)
- Whisk together mayo, lemon juice, and a little Greek Seasoning to make the dressing, then taste to see if you want a little more Greek Seasoning.
- Put chunks of chicken into a salad bowl and toss with desired amount of dressing (you might want a little less dressing if you prefer your salad on the drier side.)
- Then mix in the sliced Pepperoncini, Kalamata olives,
- Add the Feta cheese and gently stir to combine.
- Season salad to taste with a little fresh-ground black pepper.