This might be as close to “take out” as I’ve ever come.
Most of the time when the recipe claims just like take out – it’s not, and it is usually pretty gross!
So this is a keeper and a winner. It has been in our arsenal for a while, i just forgot how good it was and for some reason thought it was hard to make. Memory is a terrible thing to waste! Note: it definitely doesn’t taste like kung pao chicken, but it is super delicious!
I made this recipe for the 2 of us, by just including a single chicken breast cut into pieces. The sauce is till at the level of the full recipe, so you can add chicken up to 4 breasts. We like sauce… so we are happy with just 1 breast!
I also like to keep my calories lower, so i left the peanuts off in a bowl for the hubby to sprinkle on top. And i put my chicken over spinach, kinda like a warm, wilted salad.
- Make the marinade, except for the cornstarch (add the corn starch when you are ready to add the chicken). Store it in a container.
- Marinade chicken anywhere from 20 min to over night
- Make the sauce and store it separately
- Follow the instructions in the recipe.
- Garlic and ginger can be grated while the chicken cooks.