We were rolling into hubby’s birthday and I didn’t have a “cake” for his big day. I saw this recipe on Two Peas and their Pod and knew this was the dessert that needed to be had!
Fun fact, my sleeves of crackers were not even… how does that even happen??
Cuisine American Category Dessert
1 cookie sandwich
Half a recipe is a nice quick treat, and takes just 2 mini sleeves
- 48 ritz crackers
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 3/4 cups chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, optional
- Flaky sea salt or sprinkles, optional
- Line a large baking sheet with silpat, parchment paper or wax paper.
- Place 24 crackers on the baking sheet, leaving a little space between each one. Spoon about ½ tablespoon of peanut butter into the center of each cracker. Gently press another cracker onto the peanut butter layer to make a sandwich cookie. Repeat with remaining crackers.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil (if using) in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring between each burst, until just melted. Don’t overheat the chocolate or it will get clumpy and grainy. You can also melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
- When the chocolate is melted, drop a cracker sandwich into the chocolate.
- Use 2 forks to move the sandwich around in the chocolate until it is completely covered.
- Use one fork to lift the sandwich cookie out of the chocolate. Gently tap the fork on the side of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Transfer to the lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt and/or sprinkles, if using.
- Continue dipping until all the cookies are dipped. Repeat until all cookies are dipped.
- Let the cookies sit until the chocolate hardens.
- If you want to speed up the process, you can put the baking sheets in the refrigerator.
Hubby thought this was fabulous. I found it – wait for it – too much chocolate… how is that even a thing?
Definitely need the salt!
If you try it, let me know what you think!