I got some interesting cookie cutters recently and have been experimenting with different recipes to see which ones work best with the cutters…
This little gem had instructions to add frosting, but i don’t generally like those kind of cookies, so choose your own adventure!
Peanut butter cutout cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large bowl, cream peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with 2-in. to 4-in. cookie cutters. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
Definitely sprinkle with sea salt right after they come out of the oven. This recipe worked well with the cookie cutter, but i thought the peanut butter taste was lacking. I would use chunky peanut butter next time.
If you try this recipe let me know what you think, what your favorite shape is!