Jump to recipe
Saw this recipe recently on Two Peas and their Pod. Had to try it for a friend that just loves peanut butter cookies and was watching our little monkey for part of a recent vacation!
Peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- 1 ½ cups old fashioned oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsalted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheet with Silpat baking mats or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, beat the butter, peanut butter, and sugars together until creamy, this will take about 2 minutes, on medium speed.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
- On low, add in the dry ingredients and mix until just until the combined.
- Scoop the cookies into round balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches in between cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges, but still soft in the middle.
- Remove cookies from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
These were fun to make, but definitely not a ton of peanut butter taste. I would use chunky peanut butter next time! Otherwise, fun to have and makes a ton!