We found this recipe ages ago and it fell out of rotation. Not sure why.. Decided to bring it back as a side dish for ribs in the crockpot!
I found my original post on my old blog, and it was 2011, from an article in Parade magazine. You know those days when one got a paper delivered on sunday and you sat on the couch and read it top to bottom. Ok, funnies and ads first.
We used to make with fat free/lite mayonnaise. Now a days we have moved to avocado oil mayo in the house, so there was definitely a more decadent feel to it!
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (coleslaw in a bag)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tbl fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp sriracha (or 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce)
- 1/8 tsp sugar (a sprinkle of splenda)
- Whisk together vinegar, mayonnaise, sesame oil, sriracha, and sugar until smooth. Taste; add pinch of salt if needed.
- Pour dressing over bag-o-slaw and toss to combine.
- Serve slaw immediately or chill for a few hours, tossing again before serving. Finish with a shower of sesame seeds or some chopped peanuts, if desired.
- Options: For lunches i split the bag into 1 cup servings, and split the dressing into 1-2 tablespoons each.
Still tasty, would leave the sauce on the side for people to select their level of coverage.
I put half the recipe here as I am trying to keep leftovers to a minimum, but double if you are feeling more or want leftovers for another day.
If you try this let me know what you think!