I forgot how much I enjoyed this recipe! It has so much flavor with not a ton of calories! I loved how easy it was to cook and how great it tasted.
Cheesy enchilada chicken pasta (InstantPot)
1 cup of chicken and sauce
When the instant pot is unsealed the pasta will appear under cooked, sitting for 5 minutes finishes it up.
Mix up the pasta, I use red lentil pasta
Trade out a can of diced tomatoes for the sauce
- 1/2 can (10 oz) Old El Paso™ mild enchilada sauce
- 1 tbl taco seasoning mix
- 1 chicken breast cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small poblano chopped
- 1-3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Muir Glen™ fire roasted diced tomatoes
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 3 oz) cream cheese (fat free or other), cubed, softened
- 1/2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup cavatappi pasta – or other fun pasta shape
- On 3-4-quart Instant Pot®, select SAUTE; adjust to normal.
- Heat oil in insert.
- Combine/stir/mix chicken with taco seasoning
- Add chicken to the hot instant pot
- cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add poblano chile, onions and garlic; continue to cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables just begin to soften. Select CANCEL.
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, enchilasa sauce and pasta.
- Secure lid; set pressure valve to SEALING.
- Select MANUAL; cook on high pressure 7 minutes.
- Select CANCEL. Set pressure valve to VENTING to quick-release pressure.
- Stir in cream cheese and cheddar cheese until cheese melts.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
As I said at the beginning, this is a great recipe. Tons of flavor and easy to make!
I now make it with 2oz of cream cheese and no cheddar cheese! I let the hubby top his portion!
If you give this a try, let me know what you think!