Last week, we started with the hot sauce, let’s finish up with using it in this Salsa Verde recipe.
This is such a fun recipe, and a great way to use up those tomatillos! Delicious and it makes alot!
Roasted Green Chili Hot Sauce and Salsa Verde
Category Sauces/Dips/Dipping Sauces Veggies
1/4 cup sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound tomatillos, diced
- 1 cup Roasted Green Chili Hot Sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Heat olive oil in a medium pot.
- Sauté onion until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cumin and cook for a minute.
- Add the tomatillos, chili sauce and salt.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and stir in cilantro.
- Blend in mixer
This is a wonderful recipe, great kick and a fantastic way to use up the tomatillos in a sauce that isn’t sweet.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think!
Gabriel MarkleyNovember 27, 2022 at 5:55 pm
Looks great, I’m adding this to my salsa list.
Comments are closed.