Jump to recipe
A few years ago we decided to try Tofurkey for Thanksgiving, and we did it in the crockpot!
I went to find a new option for this year and low and behold… nothing existed any more for crock pot, only air fryer… hmmmm… we decided to give it a try.
I found the perfect marinade here, but didn’t want to roast it in the oven, so i used the marinade from that one, with the air fryer instructions from here.
I let it defrost in the fridge for a couple days, but when I finished it based on the instructions it was still cold in the middle. ugh.
I would suggest more time at 300, or let it come to room temp before starting the process.
Tofurkey in the AirFryer
1 hour, 5 minutes
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) maple syrup
- 1-4 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat air fryer to 300˚F.
- Place roast on pan fitted for air fryer.
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine basting ingredients
- Brush roast with baste.
- Cover with foil and cook for 20-40 minutes,
- Removing foil 2-4 times and basting again with any juices in the pan.
- Increase air fryer temperature to 400˚F.
- Coat air fryer basket with cooking spray.
- Transfer roast to prepared basket.
- Optional: With a tray underneath the basket, brush with any
- remaining baste and return to air fryer.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until outside is crisp. (option baste half way thru)
- Transfer to a serving platter, slice, and serve with any remaining pan juices.
- Optional double basting liquid to use as sauce when serving
This was great! The baste was fantastic, the syrup adds a nice cling.
Would definitely do this again! It is only a little tricky to get the “pan” our and into the fryer basket.