Jump to recipe
I have had this recipe on deck for a while. We have attempted to grow potatoes on occasion and i thought htis would be a fun way cook them up!
I couldn’t wait, so i picked up some adorably cute potatoes at the grocery store. Each was a nice single serving side!
Mini/Small Hasselback Potatoes
- 2 small potatoes
- 2 tbl butter melted
- 1/4-1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 tsp onion powder
- other spices to taste!
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut slits two-thirds of the way into each potato around ¼ inch apart. You can use skewers or a wooden spoon handle to help keep the knife from slicing all the way through the potatoes.
- Stir together the butter, garlic, onion and any additional spices.
- Place potatoes onto the baking sheet and brush garlic butter over each potato. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 10-20 minutes, then remove potatoes from the oven and baste again with garlic butter.
- Continue to bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, until potatoes are cooked through. Remove potatoes from the oven and baste again before serving.
This was a delicious and fun way to make a side. Getting cute potatoes and learning to cut them with a chop stick to keep you from going too far just made it a great pretty way.
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think and what spices you used!